You may have guessed from our name (Personal Concierge Physicians) that we are a concierge medical practice. So what does that mean? Forbes Health defines concierge medicine—also known as concierge care, boutique medicine, retainer-based medicine, platinum practice and direct primary care—as membership-based healthcare that pairs exclusive, personalized care with accessibility and convenience. In other words, our membership is designed to make your life healthier and easier.
How does concierge medicine (and more specifically, our practice) differ from a traditional primary care model? Here are some benefits we offer to our members that you won’t find in a typical doctor’s office:
- Same or next-day appointments that start on time
- A commitment to spend the necessary time with you (no rushed appointments)
- 24/7 access to your doctor via mobile phone, office line, or email
- Personal trainers and nutritionists who work alongside your doctor
- Beautiful, modern space with fitness center
- Streamlined access to specialists across the country
- Easy prescriptions and personalized supplements
- A preventative and holistic approach to healthcare. We believe in root cause analysis and not just symptom treatment.
In addition, we are independently owned and operated, and therefore only accountable to the patient. Traditional primary care practices are often owned by large hospitals and corporations that may have conflicting interests.
Because we are very different (and proudly so) from the traditional model, we get quite a few questions. Here are some answers to FAQs:
Do I still need insurance?
In addition to your membership fee, we bill your health insurance for labs or other services just like a regular doctor’s office. You’ll likely still want to have insurance coverage in case of hospitalizations and specialty referrals.
Does my insurance pay for the membership fee?
Insurance does not cover the membership fee. However, charges for medical care received by a concierge doctor are eligible for reimbursement with a flexible spending account (FSA), health savings account (HSA) or a health reimbursement arrangement (HRA). Learn more.
Where are you located?
Our office is located at 2121 East Coast Hwy, Suite 250, Corona Del Mar, CA
What is included with my membership?
As a Personal Concierge member, you’ll have 24/7 access to your dedicated physician, with whom you’ll forge a bond as you work together to craft a plan to confidently manage your overall health and wellness. Here are some of the highlights of membership:
- Each patient is provided with the personal email address and cell phone of their doctor.
- We offer same-day or next-day appointments as well as house calls when needed.
- A comprehensive annual physical which is designed intentionally to evaluate patients’ overall well-being and long-term health goals. It goes beyond the standard EKG, osteoporosis screening, and cholesterol check to assess early health concerns and treat them proactively.
- Advanced laboratory testing
- On-site personal training & nutrition counseling
- Additional services to keep you healthy include IV hydration with supplements (additional fee), supplement recommendations and access to the highest quality products on the market, Covid treatment protocols using a sequenced multi-drug and nutriceuticals, and our Executive Health Program for busy executives and business owners.
How long do appointments last?
Appointments are never rushed. 85% of scheduled appointments last 60 or more minutes, enabling our providers to answer all your healthcare questions and thoughtfully address your concerns.
Do you draw blood in the office?
Yes, our Medical Assistants draw blood at our office so there’s no need to go to a separate lab.
Can I still be a member if I live out of town?
We have members located all over the country, although most of our patients do live locally.
Do you take care of kids too?
Yes, we take care of patients of all ages. Our youngest member is a newborn!
Do you make house calls?
Yes, house calls are on as needed basis.
Do you offer nutrition counseling?
We sure do. In addition to having a nutritionist and personal trainer on-site, our physicians are passionate about holistic and preventative care. One of our amazing HealthFit Coaches, Linsey, is continuing her education with additional classes on nutrition that teach her how to compare a patient’s labs to their nutritional needs for maximum benefit.
Do you offer fitness training?
Yes. Personal trainers and nutrition experts of the highest caliber—in the same facilities as the physicians—have been carefully selected for our exclusive HealthFit Studios. Whether you want to manage your weight or discover an overall healthier approach to living, your dedicated HealthFit Coach, along with your physician, will help you tailor a program that will make a difference in your life. We also use InBody testing which is a very useful tool in setting fitness goals and tracking progress.
Is parking free?
Yes! There are reserved parking spots in the structure for Personal Concierge members.